Most errors occur when someone attempts to access the company files on Quickbooks desktop after doing some process. This problem is handled by Quickbooks clean install tool, which fixes the access denied error. Additionally, Quickbooks’ clean install tool also manages templates and displays. In summary, Quickbooks clean install tool and some other data files can handle all Quickbooks desktop functions. A user might worry that they’ll lose all the accounting and finance data on the Quickbooks desktop when using Quickbooks clean install tool. However, this tool explicitly states that no data will be affected by the cleaning, as none of its steps require Quickbooks files. This tool guides the user through the process of uninstalling the previous Quickbooks desktop, changing its extension name, and reinstalling the Quickbooks desktop.
This article explains all the steps of the Quickbooks clean install tool for Windows Quickbooks desktop. As a result, even a beginner will be aware of all the important procedures present/used to clean and install Quickbooks by the end of this article. After discussing the prerequisites for uninstalling Quickbooks and reinstalling Quickbooks, let’s get into the main process.
- Before beginning the process, be sure other essentials are accessible, such as the license number, the installation CD, the windows components, the installation folders, the task manager, the control panel, and so on. If Quickbooks has been uninstalled, a license number and installation CD are required to sign in again. After installing Quickbooks clean install software, the user must press F2 on the keyboard, then press and hold Ctrl while 1 until the product info page appears.
- While the probability of data loss is quite low, it is always a good idea to keep a backup of Quickbooks company files as a precaution.
Company File Backup Procedure
Below is the procedure:
- In order to back up your data, you can insert a flash drive into your computer.
- Create backup folders for company files on the Quickbooks desktop.
- You can locally backup your files by going to File, and then selecting Backup Company.
- There are two backup options available here; online backup and local backup. Choose according to your needs. When it comes to file transfers, flash drive backups are a fast method.
- Follow the instructions on the display screen as you select Next.
Here is a step-by-step guide for Quickbooks Clean Install
1: Uninstall The QuickBooks Desktop
- First, press and hold Windows Icon Key + R until the run command window appears.
- Go to Control Panel, and hit OK.
- Select the option Programs and Features.
- Select Uninstall from the Program List.
- Finally, hit Finish and follow the prompts for Quickbooks.
2: Rename the Installation Folders
To proceed chronologically, the second step requires modifying the names of the installation folders. You can accomplish this by using the Quickbooks clean install tool. This clean install will automatically rename the old installation folders. A user can also perform this process manually.
Note: When reinstalling the software, users can also add more new installation folders.
Procedure to Download Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
It is often difficult for Quickbooks users to figure out how to download the Quickbooks clean install tool.
Steps to download the tool successfully:
- The first step is to download the Quickbooks clean install tool.exe file and store it safely on your computer.
- Secondly, Launch the Quickbooks clean install.exe file.
- The third step involves finding the License Agreement and checking the box that says I accept it.
- The fourth step involves selecting the option Quickbooks Desktop Version and clicking Continue.
- After that, you will receive a notification that Quickbooks Clean Install Tool is ready to use, so click OK.
Manually Rename The Installation Folders in Quickbooks Desktop
Users can rename the Quickbooks desktop installation folders manually, unlock hidden files, and then change the location folder name. Extension files must contain the word OLD. Renaming the folder will cause QB in Windows to ignore the folder at the time of processing, allowing the user to create a new one.
3: Re-install the QuickBooks Desktop
- Launch the Quickbooks Desktop Installer.
- Choose Express.
- End the process by selecting Next.
4: Information Gathering And Data Backup
- The first thing you need to do is download the latest installation file.
- Confirm the license number.
- Product version and year should be included.
- Make a backup of the data in a folder.
- Save it and end it.
Also Read: All You Need to Know About Writing a Dissertation Conclusion
We’ve discussed how to install/download the clean install tool, rename the qbw32.exe files through the neat install tool, and uninstall Quickbooks through the removal tool above.